Today we read "Have You Filled a Bucket Today?" By Carol McCloud & David Messing.
We learned that we all have an invisible bucket. To fill somebody's bucket we need to do or say something nice (or even just smile!). When we fill somebody else's bucket, we also fill our own bucket as well! When we make somebody else feel good, we feel good too.
We also learned that when you say or do mean things, you are called a BUCKET DIPPER. We do NOT want to be a bucket dipper!
Then, we practiced what it looks like being a bucket filler. I received many compliments, such as:
- "Mrs. Jackson, I love your dress!"
- "Mrs. Jackson, I love your glasses!"
- "Mrs. Jackson, your ring is nice!"
- "Mrs. Jackson, your shoes are cute!"
Those compliments made me feel so happy! Thank you, Kinders, for being so sweet by filling my bucket!
While practicing, I also heard lots of compliments around the room, such as:
- "Wow! I love your shirt."
- "Your hair clip looks cute!"
- "I really like your shoes."
- "You hair looks nice today."
Hearing all those compliments makes a teacher smile!
Look below to see a summary of the book. These aren't all the pages of the book, but they're the main ideas of the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment